Basement Waterproofing: The Best Way To Prevent Floods And Damages In Your Basement
Let's face it - basement floods are the worst nightmare of every homeowner. The damp and dark reality of a basement that is flooded from the outside water or the seepage into it, does not have to be your reality.
Whether you had your basement flooded once upon a time - or you want to prevent that from happening and are just taking precautions, let us introduce you to basement waterproofing in Southern Ontario
Basically, basement waterproofing can be best described as the most effective method of channeling water from the outside and preventing any leaks in the basement walls and flooring. Ever since the inception of waterproofing, this service has been a must for all homeowners who want to prevent floods from happening in their basements.
Aside from the damage of a flood that this method can prevent, it also ensures and maximizes the function of the basement. But is it a method that is applied to all basements - or just particular ones?
Basement Waterproofing And The Need To Prevent Water Seepage
Considering the fact that basements are located at the lowest position in the house which in most of the cases is below the ground level - the water leaking into the walls, flooring, and basement, is not a surprising occurrence.
However, basement waterproofing is a service that is normally applied to either:
- basements whose structural condition is prone to water seepage or
- basements with a specific type of drainage that may be the reason for the seepage
Avoiding the rainy day catastrophes has never been easier - just like avoiding the cracks on the walls and floors which always lead to more hassle and more expense. If you want to avoid these expenses - you should definitely invest in this service.
The Ideal Time For Waterproofing Your Basement
Basement waterproofing works best when the groundwork is initially constructed. That way, the service guarantees that its benefits may continue for a longer time.
Additionally, waterproofing a basement during the construction phase is easier because the tiny gaps are much simpler to reach before they get closed off.
Now, there are two ways to do basement waterproofing:
- Exterior basement waterproofing, referring to the process in which a bonding substance or membrane is applied to the outside walls of your basement.
- Interior basement waterproofing, used to keep moisture from making its way into your basement through a drainage system applied on the walls and floor to direct the water beneath the floor into the weeping tile.
The truth is, the longer you wait to have your basement waterproofed - the higher the risk of having water seeping into the basement walls and floor. And when it comes to the benefits of waterproofing your basement, here is how important that decision could be to your and the safety of your home.
Basement Waterproofing - The 9 Reasons To Do It Today!
If you are still wondering whether basement waterproofing should be next on your list of home activities this season, there are a variety of benefits of doing that as soon as possible. Basically, a waterproofed basement will:
- Increase the space and value of your home
- Provide a stronger foundation of your home
- Give you extra living space
- Easy cleaning and management
- Low humidity
- Reduce your energy costs by preventing cold air from coming in during fall and winter
- Avoid serious long term health issues to you and your family (in case the flood occurs)
- Peace of mind whenever a thunderstorm is on the radar
- Substantial savings in time and money over the long run
A Final Word
In the end, basement waterproofing is a service that keeps the basement dry throughout the year. On top of that, it helps homeowners to maximize their space and make the basement an extra room and a useful portion of the house. Do you want to learn more about our basement waterproofing services?
All work completed by RCC Waterproofing Inc. carries a Lifetime Warranty. Your RCC Waterproofing Inc. signed contract is your actual Warranty Certificate.
RCC Waterproofing Inc. warrants all materials and workmanship only pursuant to the job description details on your written contract, providing the home owner has made payment if full!
*Effective Feb 1, 2017